Upgrade your website
The best websites are constantly, or at least once a year, upgraded and updated. Why upgrading your website is worth financially? Why not create a new website altogether? Who benefits from it?
Due to rapidly developing technologies after only a few months of work it becomes clear that something important, interesting and beautiful could be added to the website. Examples:
- The website was build using outdated technology that ceased to fulfill organizational purposes.
- There are unresolved technical problems.
- The website structure doesn’t match the organization’s current business goals.
Sometimes it’s better to upgrade the website and achieve tremendous success then to delete it and build again from scratch. Upgrading your website will save you a lot of energy.
The most common reasons for upgrading your website
- Outdated design
- Technological changes
- Unresolved technical problems
- Moving on to a dynamic website
- New trade mark
- Major organizational changes
The process of upgrading
The most important stage in the upgrading process is planning. Using the existing infrastructure you could do the following:
- Hire a specialist who will plan the new perfect website together with you.
- Process all the advantages and the disadvantages of the existing website.
- Make a to-do list.
- Make a list of all technical limitations.
After the client has selected and approved new website structure, he chooses the design. And after he has approved the design, the development of the website can begin. This stage includes a direct client-developer dialogue and continues until the website is ready to be launched.
Why not build a new website altogether?
- Usually, upgrading is cheaper.
- The website infrastructure is rarely or only mildly changed.
- It takes longer to rebuild the website than to upgrade it.
- Upgrade is the best solution for your website that is based on a reciprocal relationship with a client.
Important recommendations upgrading your website
- Setting feasible goals
- Taking into account time, funds and human resources
- Solving major problems without wasting resources on the minor ones.
- Further studying crucial technologies
- Perfect compatibility to modern search engines
- Reciprocal relationship with clients: polls, statistical data and keeping existing clients.
- Preplanning consultation
- Checking the competition’s search engines ranking